- School HR Contacts & Location
- General HR & Recruitment Information
- Research Staff
- Exit protocol for Staff Leaving
- Positions Vacant - Information about positions available within POWCS is advertised at Jobs@UNSW website.
POWCS HR Contacts & Location
Paul Harbon Email: email@example.com | Phone: 9382 8863 | Fax: 9382 8885
Anthea Ellison Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 9382 7914 | Fax: 9382 8885
- POWCS Medical Professorial Unit - Edmund Blacket Building, Hospital Campus (pdf)
- LOWY - UNSW Kensington Campus (pdf)
- POW Hospital Campus
UNSW Enterprise Agreements All staff should familiarise themselves with their EBA (Academic or Professional and Technical), as they contain employee rights on frequently visited issues such as salaries and leave.
For information on recruiting academic or research staff please use the Recruitment Toolkit or speak to your POWCS HR contacts, Anthea Ellison.
Appointing Staff on grant funding
- All funding recipients must be employees of UNSW for the duration of the funding. Research fellows must be placed on a UNSW contract of employment for the funding period.
- Termination of employment - In most cases grant funding cannot be used for severance payments
- For more information to to the Grants Management Office website page on Managing your grant.
Other useful links:
- Completing HR Forms
- Compulsory Training Courses
- Collecting Staff ID Card
- Collecting Parking Permit or Staff Travelpass
- Getting Connected to UNSW IT Systems
- Work Visas
Staff ID Cards
Refer to the information on the Facilities Management Website
UNSW Staff Online Directory
New staff can create an entry in the UNSW staff online directory.
UNSW Code of Conduct
Click to view the UNSW Code of Conduct which applies to all UNSW and POWCS staff.
Is a staff portal that enables you to book leave, view pay advices, book training and much more. Read about myUNSW
For Academic staff the Leave Year runs from 16 February to 15 February the following year, and staff are expected to take their full 20 days’ annual leave (pro rata for part timers) by the end of the Leave Year.
All staff undertaking any travel on University business, including academics on conference leave, must complete a TR1 form prior to travel and get it signed by the Head of School - send to POWCS HR Assistant
For information and general advice about yoru UniSuper membership visit UniSuper on Campus.
From Tuesday 4th March UniSuper will be on your campus every Tuesday and Wednesday. You can also get information about their services such as:
- our website and its range of tools and calculators
- our Helpline
- UniSuper Advice for personal advice that’s tailored to you, from our qualified financial advisers.
You will need to make a booking. Call Lachlan McLean on 0427 045 424 or email email@example.com
Location: Room 304, Level 3, Chancellery Building (C22), Kensington Campus.
Training - Organisation and Staff Development
For further information on Staff Development, refer to the Organisation and Staff Development Services (OSDS) which is accessible through the Staff Development @ UNSW box on the right hand side of the myUNSW homepage. Register for training via MyUNSW. All training must be approved by POWCS School Manager via myUNSW
Teaching staff please refer to the Faculty of Medicine Professional Development and Training web page.
Information on resources and infrastructure for research staff can be found at http://med.unsw.edu.au/resources-and-infrastructure this includes links to
- Ethics on-line training
- Health and Safety
- InfoEd Grants Management System - used by UNSW to record and track research grants. InfoEd gives you access to all data recorded about an application or grant
Exit protocol for staff leaving
EXIT Checklist – HR 37
This checklist must be completed and sent to POWCS HR Assistant
When staff are planning to leave, supervisors must organise for their IT to be saved or shutdown. Please allow at least 1 week lead time. The departing staff member should review their home drive and shared folders’ for personal content and remove the items from all work folders. In conjunction with their supervisor, the employee must ensure that all relevant documents and content are in the appropriate group shared folders.
Research Grants and Fellowships
If the person is linked to (named on) a research grant, the granting body must be notified and an explanation of how the research will continue as per the original proposal given.
Career Development Fellowships will be relinquished and a letter must be sent to the granting body requesting this.
Log in to RGMS and complete a variation request. Go to Grantee Variation and select variation type Relinquish Grant. Once completed, press Certify & Submit and the request will be sent through to the GMO for certification before being sent off to NHMRC.
Cancer Council NSW grants
If the Chief Investigator A is resigning this would involve drafting a letter to advise them of the circumstances and requesting that the CI(A) and CI(B) positions are reversed. The letter should be co-signed by the CI(B) in each case to say that they agree to this switch. This should then be authorised by the Head of School, then passed to the Cancer Council and Grants Management Office.