OHS & IT
UNSW OHS Documentation
Please refer to the Occupational Health and Safety website for UNSW OHS information.
For Faculty OHS documentation, please visit the Medicine OHS Web (eg Level 1, 2 and some 3 Meeting minutes, Lab Safety Manuals, Links, Local Protocols, Risk Assessments and Safe Work Procedures)
Tel: 9385 9750
Prince of Wales Hospital Based
POWCS hospital-based OHS Documentation:
POWCS OHS Training Requirements and Documentation
Information regarding compulsory training and documentation for all employees
POWCS Unit OHS Reporting Documents
UNSW documents, forms and templates required to comply with the UNSW OHS reporting requirements
POWCS Procedure for Handling Illness or Injury in the Workplace
- POWCS First Aid Officers
Committee Dates for 2013:
Monday 11th March 2013, 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Mezzanine meeting room, South Wing, Edmund Blacket Building, POWH.
Monday 10th June 2013, 12:00pm - 1:00pm, Mezzanine meeting room, South Wing, Edmund Blacket Building, POWH.
Tuesday 9th September 2013, 12:00 - 1:00pm, Mezzanine Meeting Room, South Wing, Edmund Blacket Building, POWH.
Monday 9th December 2012, 12:00 - 1:00pm, Mezzanine Meeting Room, South Wing, Edmund Blacket Building, POWH.
Committee Agenda and Minutes:
- Agenda from 12 March 2012
- Minutes from 12 March 2012
- Agenda from 29 June 2012
- Minutes from 29 June 2012
- Agenda from 11 September 2012
- Minutes from 11 September 2012
- Agenda from 17 December 2012
- Minutes from 17 December 2012 (approved but unsigned by chair)
Dr Rema Oliver
Tel: 9382 2654
Ms Noirin Moran
Tel: 9382 8880
POWH OHS Coordinator
Tel: 9382 6542
ACP Lowy Cancer Research Centre Based
ACP OHS Documentation:
- Medicine OHS Web, see for Committee Minutes, Safe Work Procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Direct link: Lowy Level 3 OHS Committee Meeting 13 (15 February 2012)
ACP Level 2 and 4 OHS Contact:
Adult Cancer Program Laboratory Manager
Mob: 0434 175 122
IT @ POWH:
For IT services regarding internal POWH computers and services, contact the State Wide Service Desk on 1300 28 55 33.
Medicine Faculty IT:
Please refer to the IT Services & Support page.
Please refer to the IT @ UNSW webpage.
UNSW online services include myUNSW (for staff pay records, leave records and training), email, UniWide (the UNSW wireless network), eLearning and UNSW Library online services. Upon commencement you will be given an Online Service Access Form to complete.
Create a Staff Online Directory Entry:
This online form is for creating a new entry in the UNSW Staff Online Directory. For contract staff, visiting academics and staff of affiliated organisations, please refer to the appropriate form provided on the Online Service Access Form webpage.
Login and Passwords - UniPass and zPass:
Your username for accessing most UNSW online systems such as myUNSW, my eLearning Vista and UNSW email is your UNSW Login ID, which consists of an 's' or 'z' followed by your UNSW staff number (eg z1234567).
- Unipass: Once the Online Service Access Form has been processed by IT, you will be notified of your UniPass. If you have the correct information you can set up your own UniPass here.
zPass: To set up a zPass, follow the below steps:
- I have a UniPass but not a zPass - you can login here with your UniPass and create a zPass (instructions on how to create a zPass).
- I am a New User - ie. no UniPass or zPass - Set your UniPass here and then create your zPass.
- Further information: Contact the IT Service Desk on 9385 1333 or email@example.com and request assistance in creating these.
To set up unipass and zpass passwords:
Go to www.idm.unsw.edu.au
Click on ‘New User’
Enter staff number
Enter Department code: POWCL
You will be forwarded to a screen where you will need to set up your unipass and zpass passwords.
For enquiries or issues, please call IT on 9385 1333 and you will receive your passwords over the phone.
The University uses Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) for its email services. To access the email you will need to nominate your preferred email address on the Online Service Access Form and set up a zPass as described above. The common format for email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone & Voicemail:
Numbers at the UNSW Kensington campus are prefixed by 938-5xxxx. To dial internally, dial 5xxxx.
Telephone numbers at the POWH campus are prefixed by 938-2xxxx. To dial internally, dial 2xxxx. To dial a UNSW number from POWH, dial 72, plus the last 4 digits.
Requesting file access:
Send an email to Ria Riadi at email@example.com with the following details:
Staff Name and ID.
Manager’s or Supervisor’s approval.
Files you wish to have access to.