Human Resources » Casual Staff
Appointing a Casual
- Professional and Technical Casual staff are appointed on a Sal11 form.
- Casual Academic staff are employed by completing a HR63 form.
- SAL11and HR63 forms must be signed by POWCS Head of School. Please send forms for signature to the POWCS HR Assistant.
A Tax File Number Declaration form, a PD and CV must also be submitted.
Casual Staff zID number & internet access
Salaries will inform new casuals of their zID staff number or contact the POWCS HR Assistant for assistance.
A personal password can be set-up after confirming your identity. This is done through the IT web page Manage Your Zpass. Select the prompt for 'New User'. Once completed access to myUNSW and email will be available.
Casuals are required to complete a series of mandatory EEO and OHS training. Once they have a staff ID number (zID) and access to MyUNSW the following online courses should be completed:
Equal Opportunity awareness Online - via myUNSW
- On_line Ergonomics and On_line Work Health & Safety Awareness - Register for both these modules through the OHS training web page
- HS006 Induction Form - HS - to be completed with supervisor
- HS114 Workstation Checklist
- Lab Induction Checklist HS049
- Casual Staff checklist
Forms to be completed and sent to POWCS HR Assistant
Casual Staff ID for UNSW and POWH Campus
Once a zID number has been issued by Salaries a Staff ID Card/Access Key can be applied for by completing a Staff ID application form (signed by the School Manager) and presenting it to FM Assist, Building F23
Casual Staff working in POWH campus will also require a Hospital ID Card and will be required to complete the SESLHD short on line induction program and fire training. (Also refer section on New Staff page).
All UNSW casual staff are covered by the UNSW Enterprise Agreements
Contact HRD Salaries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Salaries on 9385 1706
Services at UNSW
Click here for further information about the services available at UNSW.