Human Resources » Casual Staff

Appointing a Casual

  • Professional and Technical Casual staff are appointed on a Sal11 form
  • Casual Academic staff are employed by completing a HR63 form.
  • SAL11and HR63 forms must be signed by POWCS Head of School. Please send forms for signature to the POWCS HR Assistant.
  • A Tax File Number Declaration form, a PD and CV must also be submitted.

Casual Staff zID number & internet access

Salaries will inform new casuals of their zID staff number or contact the POWCS HR Assistant for assistance.

A personal password can be set-up after confirming your identity.  This is done through the IT web page Manage Your Zpass.   Select the prompt for 'New User'.  Once completed access to myUNSW and email will be available.


Casuals are required to complete a series of mandatory EEO and OHS training. Once they have a staff ID number (zID) and access to MyUNSW the following online courses should be completed:


  • Equal Opportunity awareness Online - via myUNSW
  • On_line Ergonomics and On_line Work Health & Safety Awareness - Register for both these modules through the OHS training web page


Forms to be completed and sent to POWCS HR Assistant

Casual Staff ID for UNSW and POWH Campus

Once a zID number has been issued by Salaries a Staff ID Card/Access Key can be applied for by completing a Staff ID application form (signed by the School Manager) and presenting it to FM Assist, Building F23

Casual Staff working in POWH campus will also require a Hospital ID Card and will be required to complete the SESLHD short on line induction program and fire training. (Also refer section on New Staff page).


Pay claims are made through myUNSW.  Refer to the schedule of close off dates for submitting your claim form fortnightly.   Download a brochure on how to make your pay claim.

All UNSW casual staff are covered by the UNSW Enterprise Agreements

Contact HRD Salaries at
Or call Salaries on 9385 1706

Services at UNSW

Click here for further information about the services available at UNSW.


Back to top